Each year the International Film Music Critics Association have their own awards. These awards do not have the grandeur of an Oscar or a Golden Globe, but they are handed out by film music enthusiasts who live and breath film music. This makes them very interesting since you can count on all the scores of the nominees and the winners being extremely good.
Below are the nominees for their two main categories with the winner in bold.
Score of the Year
- Phantom Thread by Jonny Greenwood
- The Post by John Williams
- The Shape of Water by Alexandre Desplat
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi by John Williams
- War for the Planet of the Apes by Michael Giacchino
Composer of the Year
- Alexandre Desplat
- Michael Giacchino
- Daniel Pemberton
- Benjamin Wallfisch
- John Williams
These are not all the categories, they have many more subcategories. You can find the rest at IFMCA Award Winners 2017.
Congratulations to all winners!