The Polish city of Krakow hosts a film music festival (FMF) each year in May. Visitors can enjoy concerts, meetings with composers and workshops about film music over a period of 8 days. We have covered two editions in detail on this site.
The FMF organization just announced its guests and program for 2019. The announced guests are Alexandre Desplat, Craig Armstrong, Bruno Coulais, Antonio Sánchez, Don Davis, Krzysztof Zanussi, Antoni Komasa-Łazarkiewicz, Bartosz Chajdecki and Marcin Masecki
Here is an overview of the concerts:
- Tuesday, May 14: A concert with the focus on choir with Bruno Coulais present as a guest
- Wednesday, May 15: Screening of the movie Bram Stoker’s Dracula, with Don Davis conducting Wojciech Kilar’s music.
- Thursday, May 16: A concert for Polish director Krzysztof Zanussi with Polish composers as guests
- Friday, May 17: First, a Disney concert bu the FMF Youth Orchestra and afterwards, a screening of Birdman with composer Antonio Sanchez.
- Saturday, May 18: A concert where Alexandre Desplat will conduct his own music with a dance party afterwards with music from the Tarantino movies.
- Sunday, May 19: Sunday afternoon music of Desplat in a smaller setting and in the evening a gala concert with music of Craig Armstrong.
- Tuesday, May 21: The Disney concert again at a different location
It looks like another amazing edition! Are you interested in visiting this festival and have no clue how it works? You can always contact us and we help you on your way.
To get into the mood, please enjoy some videos from the 2018 edition: