While all the high-profile awards are postponed until March and April, the International Film Music Critics Association has announced theirs. These awards are handed out by film music enthusiasts who live and breathe film music. This makes them very interesting since you can count on all the scores of the nominees and the winners being extremely good.
Below are the nominees for their two main categories with the winner in bold.
Score of the Year
- The Call of the Wild – John Powell
- Enola Holmes – Daniel Pemberton
- Fukushima 50 – Tarō Iwashiro
- The Personal History of David Copperfield – Christopher Willis
- Wonder Woman 1984 – Hans Zimmer
Composer of the Year
- Federico Jusid
- Bear Mccreary
- Daniel Pemberton
- Christopher Willis
- Hans Zimmer
These are not all the categories, because they have many more subcategories. You can find the rest at IFMCA Award Winners 2020, or watch their announcement video below.